- 1. Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.
Luke 23:34 34 Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing.”]][a] And they cast lots to divide his clothing.
- 2. Today you will be with me in paradise Luke 23:43 43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
- 3. Behold your son: behold your mother John 19:26-27
26 When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing beside her, he said to his mother, “Woman, here is your son.” 27 Then he said to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” And from that hour the disciple took her into his own home.
- 4. My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Matthew 27:4646 And about three o’clock Jesus cried with a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” that is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”
- 5. I thirst John 19:28
28 After this, when Jesus knew that all was now finished, he said (in order to fulfill the scripture), “I am thirsty.”
- 6. It is finished John 19:30
Jesus said, “It is finished”.
- 7. Father, into your hands I commit my spiritLuke 23:46
46 Then Jesus, crying with a loud voice, said, “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.” Having said this, he breathed his last.